Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Possilbilities.

They're endless.

Yesterday I ran (jogged, but this is my version of running as of now) a mile on the treadmill at the gym. If I can do this, anything is possible in life.

I haven't ran a mile since the 6th grade when everyone had to for the president's fitness test. I faked turning my ankle with a very dramatic fall in an attempt to get out of this. It didn't work, and I remember being dead last out of all of the girls. It was pretty much humiliating and my time was something ridiculous like 18 minutes.

Yeterday's time was around 15 minutes. I didn't have any intentions of running...I was just going to walk on the treadmill, but once I got on there, I got the urge and then I didn't ever feel like I was going to die from lack of oxygen like it usually does when I run.

I haven't been proud of myself much about anything in a long while, but this deserves a gold star in my book.

No comments: