Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wedding.

I just had the urge to list what I DON'T want associated with our wedding:

Calla Lilies.
Bows on the backs of chairs.
Receiving line of any sort.
Bridesmaids with matching hair, shoes, accessories.
1 Corinthians 13:4.
A long, hypocritical Christian ceremony when neither of us follow any organized religion belief system.
"it all was a blur" afterthoughts.

Things we will be doing:
DIY flowers and centerpieces.
sustainable favors, if any at all.
A short, to the point ceremony centered around the committment of marriage, not its religious meaning.
Enjoying the whole day and not stressing about all the little details :)
Catering done by local pizza places/DIY salad bar.
Celebrating our marriage with family and friends, woo!

I just stumbled upon a friend-of-a-friend's wedding photos and they could have been taken straight from a wedding mag. Why on Earth do I want to spend all this time planning a day almost identicial to this, besides slight differences in color and flower choice? All I really want is a the day to be as unique as we are...and we are pretty special people, if I may say so myself, haha.

No comments: