Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fail.


So last night I weighed in for the first time in a month due to various reasons. I was out of town for work, and then we were too poor for me to go and then last week I didn't want to face the scale so I used a pass.


I gained 3.4 pounds in a month.


Now, to most people this isn't anything, but to me, this is an epic fail. It could take me another month to month and half to lose this again and the worst part is I've been doing the gym thing 3 to 4 days a week for the past three weeks. So I can pretend this is part of the gain; I'm toning muscles I haven't used in well over a year causing my mass to increase but I also have been half-assing my tracking of food intake and not making good choices w/what I've been eating.


I'm not striving for perfection in my weight loss and I'm NOT doing this because of the wedding...but it would be great to feel confident about my arms the day of and also comfortable in swim suits on the honeymoon.


I know I can do this...but damn it sucks to gain when I've been sweating balls at the gym for the past 3 weeks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

(Wandered over from OBB)

1. Take a deep breath.

2. Look at your gym workout. Are you varying things? Giving yourself enough to stay interested? (Try a spin class, try yoga, try aqua'robics)

3. Time to get crazy in the kitchen. Make a pact that you're going to go to the store and get two veggies/fruits you've never eaten before. Prepare one of each for two different meals and do this every week.

4. Continue with the culinary leassoning. Try getting some cooking blogs and trying new things. Ever cooked Indian food? What about quinoa? How about taking a try at something kinda spiffy?

Interesting and exciting foods and changing your routines can do wonders. (I know. I'm right there with ya!)

Mrs. Melberry said...

I'm still very much enjoying the gym routine, although I could definitely change things up a bit...I have this dream of running a marathon, although I rarely run at the gym so perhaps today I will...and I'm heading the grocery store after work to change up what I'm eating, after I made this post earlier, I realized I've been eating the same stuff for the past 2 months!
Thanks for the input :)