Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Letter.

(those of you just tuning in, Little One is my husband's estranged 3 1/2 year old)

Dear Little One's Mom,

I know accidents happen (even if Little One was completely planned on your part, in effort to keep my now husband in an unhappy relationship, you psycho...it worked so well, didn't it?) and unplanned children are born every day, but you do have some nerve to have done the ridiculous things you have in the past four years.

These include (but are not limited to):
1. Denying Husband's attempts to see Little One on a regular basis which eventually led to never returning phone calls when he tried to contact you in order to schedule a visit.

2. Calling him up on his birthday in 2008 telling him you were getting married and you wanted him to give up all his rights so this man you were marrying could adopt her and you all could play good Christian family together.

3. Posting pictures on various online social networking sites of Little One with this man with captions such as "_____ loves her Daddy!" (How honest and Christ-like of you!)

4. Moving back and forth from Tennessee (at least twice) once Husband told you he could not (and would not) give up his rights. He then tried to file the appropriate papers and retained a lawyer for $750.

5. Asking for an extension at the first court hearing so you could retain your own lawyer, then waiting until the day before the next court hearing to obtain said lawyer, so nothing could be actually accomplished at this hearing, because your lawyer didn't know crap about what was going on.

And now, since I hear you are getting divorced (big surprise) and living back in Ohio you have been in contact with my mother-in-law. How nice of you to finally decide to be a grown up about things and let Little One have a relationship with her father (and his amazing family) who honestly deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for being a stand up guy and completely willing to be there for his kid. Shame on you for stealing the past two years from your daughter, who has an entire family she doesn't even know.

I really hope you have put on your big girl panties, because that would at least make everything that has happened in the past a bit more bearable. Plus, I really hope you realize who he has married. It's me and I'm not going anywhere, so if you decide to still be in love with him, or try to cause problems between us, I will not be biting my tongue like I used to.

I adored your child when I met her (the first time Husband kept her overnight two weeks after she was born) and I am so happy I get to be a part of her life again, but you better get your shit together. You are someone's mother and that little someone is much more important than you and your selfish motives.

Best Regards,
Little One's Step-Mom

No comments: