Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Inner Conflict.

I finally did it. I reorganized our bills/mail/nonsense "landing strip" area last night. It was not as fun as I thought it would be, nor does it look as awesome as I imagined. Either way, it is much more streamlined and tidy, which I hope will help quell my inner demons since its the first place I see when I get home and the last place I see before leaving. (I remembered to take before and after pictures for once, but haven't gotten them on a computer yet....maybe tomorrow?)

For some reason, I just can't let clutter be. I have a theory on this: when my brain is a cluttered mess, I can't stand my physical surroundings to be the same.

I got up off the couch to go to bed at 10 last night. I actually got into bed at 10:25, after I cleaned up the kitchen, fed the cat, picked out what I'm wearing right now, brushed my teeth and huffed and puffed about how messy the bedroom has become. It's a reoccurring trend. Our clothes storage consists of one four drawer dresser and a normal size closet with an extremely warped single pole (which causes everything to slide towards the middle) and piles of insanity underneath. I think I might have to visit IKEA soon and buy this guy:



I think it would be as step in the right direction.

In other news, there is a house in the town where Kiddo lives (right around the block from her house, to be exact) that keeps dropping in price. It's a fixer, but it has its high points: two car garage, big deck and yard, 1.5 bathrooms and decent sized rooms so we are considering it. I think it has potential (unless there is something crazy bad wrong with the foundation, roof and/or any mention of the word "mold" and its a no go) Although neither of us is ecstatic to move to this town we decided it won't be forever. Plus it is so close to Kiddo and 30 minutes closer to Little One. We are going to get pre-approved through our Credit Union and then call the Realtor for a possible showing Sunday.

Possible future casa de Melberry?

Stay tuned for more on this...among other things.

No comments: